Friday, August 20, 2010

And so the journey begins!

I've been struggling with this post for a little bit, I've had blogs in the past that have never really taken off and so it had made me a bit shy in getting started.

However, I've had some admirers of my knitting comment that I could sell some of my work, and I thought it might just make things a little easier if I had a vehicle with which to do it.

I am by no means a speed knitter, and also want this to be a space to showcase my other personal projects as I complete them - this weekend for example I'm hoping to try my luck with hand dyeing some wool.

At the moment I actually have a wee dress on the needles for my younger daughter, and want to get that finished off before I decide where I will go next.

I've obtained a cottage license to knit and sell the StitchyMama Top Down Pinwheel Beanie - a quick and easy knit that looks beautiful in solid colour or variegated wool, and so might whip up a couple of these soon.

A quick tidbit on my knitting history - I started as a complete novice after my first daughter was born 4 years ago, and things have since morphed into a full-blown yarn and knitting obsession. I love kid stuff as of course it knits up in no time and has a very high satisfaction level, although I am also hoping to take the next step up and tackle a more grown up item for myself soon too, perhaps in the form of a simple shawl.

And just so I don't leave this post full of boring old text, here are a couple of photos of items I've recently knit up for my two beautiful girls:

A cabled Milo vest for my big girl in a soft pink merino wool.


A pinwheel beanie for my youngest in a beautiful gradient dyed wool.


Go gently,
~ Jax ~ 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment